29 October 2006

Introduction

Almost exactly seven years ago, something happened in my life that changed it forever. It was not as if I almost died or won the lottery. It was much simpler than that. I made an acquaintance.

It still amazes me how much I think of this person on a regular basis. I am almost embarrassed that I still do, especially since it has been years since we last spoke or had any form of contact, even indirectly.

One of the only reasons why I am writing this is because I wish to finally forget. I have been trying to forget for years now, but something always reminds me of that person, or in certain cases, some one. On the other hand, maybe it is because I never want to forget. Either way, the memories are still with me and I think I should tell some one about it.

It may be better if I just retold the story the way I lived it, one memory at a time. I think this may be the first time that I am retelling the story in such detail. No one I know has ever heard it in such a way, not even my family or my closest friends. In the process, maybe I can learn something more about myself, from the things that went right to the things that went wrong.

Everything hereafter is true for as much as I can remember. The names of the people and places involved have not been altered. Only the surnames have been left out to allow for at least some form of privacy.

No comments: